Down There, in the Basement
In Aliens 3, there's a scene where Ripley says "Down there, in the basement." She's describing where she will find the alien. I think she's told something like "This is a prison. We don't have a basement." And she replies "It's a metaphor."
The twelfth house is the basement of the psyche, the personal and sometimes the collective subconscious. It describes confinements, like prison or hospital stays.
It's where I've lived my life, where the weight of the world has confined me for decades.
I have Saturn at 17 degrees of Pisces in the Twelfth House. Pisces and the twelfth house are both the same kind of energy and they don't typically coincide.
The house system is a second set of pie slices imposed over the signs. It is determined by your rising sign and I've seen a Reddit comment saying it's half of the chart because it adds an entire second wheel to the chart.
Opposite my Saturn is the collective midpoints of four bodies in Virgo. Three are in my sixth house and one is in my fifth house. The collective midpoints are in the sixth house.
It's a house of physical health and I've described this elsewhere on this site as a stellium by transition of light. A true stellium is a conjunction of three or four planets, a huge concentration of power. I have that huge concentration of power in my house of physical health, though by midpoint involvement, not strictly a conjunction.
My Sun is at sixteen degrees of Gemini. Anything within a degree of exact is considered an exact aspect and gets described as a fate aspect. It's a powerful influence you can't avoid.
My Neptune is my only retrograde planet, at eighteen degrees of Scorpio. It forms an exact trine to Saturn, the only trine in my chart.
It's a source of stability in a high drama chart. An anchor in the storm or perhaps a prison.
There are just three planets not directly involved with this sweeping seventeen degree influence.
Mercury and Jupiter are conjunct at eleven degrees of Gemini. Venus is at one degree of Cancer.
Eleven degrees is the other prominent theme in my chart. My rising sign is at eleven degrees of Aries and Uranus is at eleven degrees of Virgo and part of that stellium by transition of light.
Pluto is at fourteen degrees of Virgo and thus conjunct Uranus. Their near midpoint is quintile Venus.
It's one fifth of the 360 degrees of the circle, not an aspect you find by counting signs. It's 72 degrees and it's a high energy, highly creative aspect that describes the sexual assault I endured as a child and my diagnosis late in life with a genetic disorder just before I turned 36, the half life of the aspect.
There's a huge seesaw in my chart with Saturn sitting on one side and a stellium by midpoint involvement on the other. Saturn in the basement, the place where the unspoken rules of our lives or the hidden backend code of our minds resides, and the other stuff describes my physical health.
My health is a product of not just my genes and my diet, but it is the physical manifestation of the ideas of the world. Walking back my dire health problems has gone hand in hand with peeling back the layers of assumptions about what it means to be a woman and what society expects of me.
And I don't know how to more clearly state what seems obvious to me, that the ideas people have and refuse to stop having shape our lives and our bodies.
As the song says: If you want to be someone else, change your mind.
It's a message I seem incapable of having heard.
Comments
Post a Comment