The Waiting Game
Lady-in-waiting is an actual title of a position of a type of female assistant to a more important woman. That seems to not really be common knowledge or the widespread understanding of the term among modern people.
Royalty and nobility is something we tend to think of as in the past. So I think most people think of the expression ladies in waiting as something more like an expression of the role women historically played of waiting for hubby to come home and things like that.
That concept that women just wait around for their man to get home while trying to keep dinner warm or something is likely behind the joke in Shrek the Third of "Assume the position.... waiting to be rescued."
At one time, astrology was something studied by learned men who then advised kings and cited "The STARS say so..." to cover themselves and deflect attention away from the reality that some commoner was defacto telling the king how to run things.
But these days, it's something ordinary women are typically interested in and frequently without knowing sufficient math to hand cast charts or otherwise being particularly learned or wise.
It's frequently treated like someone hoping to win the lottery without buying a ticket, like if you just wait long enough, the stars will align and your true love will magically bump into you on a random Tuesday or your finances will magically improve without working at it.
There's a total eclipse of the Sun coming up in August and this frequently gets described as "eclipsing out" something from your life, as if you won't have any say in what that might be.
I suggest you spend your time working on lining things up that matter to you and getting it clear in your mind what your priorities are so that if life asks you "If you need to CHOOSE between X and Y, what do YOU want?" you have some kind of meaningful answer.
In my mind, that eclipse can mean something like "Your money or your life?" or "Your boyfriend or your self respect?"
I would and have chosen my self respect over a man on more than one occasion, but women are inundated endlessly with cultural messaging that it's a huge loss if your MAN says bye and we don't typically spend a lot of time asking what the other option might have been, what did you give up in your life to keep him in it?
The older I get, the more I try to relate to astrological influences as the type of energy I have to work with today instead of "Did the lottery number I didn't buy somehow lead to me supposedly winning something?"
Comments
Post a Comment