The Neglected Quincunx (AKA Inconjunct)

The inconjunct is one of my FAVORITE aspects. Why it gets short shrift, I don't know.
I don't know much about astrology but I know a fuckton about MY natal chart. Because my life was a giant mess in my youth and I put a lot of work into making it LESS of mess and HERE we are.

(STOP LAUGHING AT ME. IT WAS WORSE.)

My recollection is my natal chart has one Quincunx in it, Uranus at 11 degree of Virgo exactly aspects my Aries Ascendant. That means BOTH points are at almost exactly 11 degrees of the sign in question (one is at like 10 degrees and 50 minutes and the other isn't far off.)

Uranus is an intellectual planet, sometimes called the higher octave of Mercury and/or Jupiter, if I recall correctly. So it basically represents extreme intelligence, AKA genius or brilliance.

The Opposition is 180 degrees and that which is opposite something is often not really THAT different. Frequently, it's more like the mirror image.

If you want to be REALLY different and innovative, doing the opposite is probably not your best move. The Quincunx, being just OFF a bit from exact opposite, is probably a better move.

The Inconjunct describes "an adjustment." My most brilliant solutions tend to involve tweaking things a bit instead of tossing things out and starting over from scratch -- which sometimes means throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Not everything Uranus does is brilliant. It also rules earthquakes and lightning and electricity and when things go bad under its influence, they can go really bad and shocking places and make you wish you had never heard of THIS, whatever THIS is.

But my Uranus also has a strong relationship to Saturn, so if I just don't give up and don't give in, it sometimes goes okay.

Footnote

Technically, my Ascendant aspects Uranus because it is the faster moving point. But if you aren't a SERIOUS astrologer, you probably don't know the difference.